Old 18-08-2007, 12:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Emrys Davies Emrys Davies is offline

Default Please help. I need a special plant

"MickKnipfler" wrote in
message ...

I don't know if any of you can help: As my mother passed away, I

wanted
to bury her ashes in my garden and plant a tree/shrub in memory of

her.
The requirements are as follows:

Grows no more than about 3m high
Easily propogated (so that my brother and sister can have offspring)
preferably by layering
Possible to grow in a large pot
Preferably is attractive on Mum's burthday (20 April)

If you could recommend something suitable, I'd appreciate it. We are
in Kent (SE England)

--
MickKnipfler

Mick,

Azaleas 'The Royalty of the garden' http://tinyurl.com/33hvkc quickly
comes to mind. There is an abundance of brilliant colours
http://tinyurl.com/2nfmyn and most bloom from mid-April to mid-May and
the blooms last for one to two weeks. Also, they can be layered quite
effectively. http://tinyurl.com/2y9fqy

Azaleas require an acid soil http://www.rhododendron.org/soil.htm and
they are a very long lived plant when requirements are met.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.