Old 18-08-2007, 03:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Please help. I need a special plant

"MickKnipfler"wrote ...

I don't know if any of you can help: As my mother passed away, I wanted
to bury her ashes in my garden and plant a tree/shrub in memory of her.
The requirements are as follows:

Grows no more than about 3m high
Easily propogated (so that my brother and sister can have offspring)
preferably by layering
Possible to grow in a large pot
Preferably is attractive on Mum's burthday (20 April)

If you could recommend something suitable, I'd appreciate it. We are
in Kent (SE England)

How about Acacia dealbata, known as Mimosa, whilst it will grow into a fine
large tree if planted in the ground (we have one near here) you can keep it
small in a pot and it should be in flower about the right time. Might need a
S. facing wall if your garden is exposed and will certainly need a little
protection whilst young, but in a pot it can be moved.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden