Old 19-08-2007, 01:43 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Pond Filter recommendations

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 07:28:29 CST, "John Arruda" wrote:

I was wondering if I could get a filter replacement recommendation. ...

I have a 1200 gallon with a small number of Koi and am now using a
TetraPond. Its a gravity system with plastic media and a small sponge on the
top. The water gets cloudy since the filter doesnt filter small particles
from the pond. I do 50% water changes or use polyester floss which works but
is too my maintenance....
Looking to upgrade to a better filter....
Any suggestions are welcome....

Thank you

I have some DYI filters on my website. Click on My Filter and/or Lily Pond
filter.

If purchasing a filter, depending on finances, if you want something easy
to maintain that doesn't have to be done often, look into vortex. My other
suggestion is, if going commercial get something rated for 2500 gallons.
Filter quotas are like gas mileage on cars, always less than what actually
occurs. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us