Old 19-08-2007, 05:26 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default About water celery?

build a veggie filter. Jo Ann told me this morning that her ammonia
is almost gone entirely. The water celery (not lettuce) I sent her 12
days ago almost entirely fills her 3' pond she is using as the veggie
filter. she now is seeing mulm accumulating in the bottom. her water
is crystal clear. Jo Ann has a 10,000 gallon pond with 40 huge koi in
it. Ingrid

Do you have one of these?

http://www.ecy.wa.gov/Programs/wq/pl...er_celery.html
Vallisneria Americana

http://www.aquahobby.com/garden/e_spiralis.php
Vallisneria spiralis

Ebay has several offerings of water celery that grow leaves above the
water. Is that what you have too?
--
Hal Middle Georgia, Zone 8
http://tinyurl.com/2fxzcb