Old 20-08-2007, 02:26 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Kurt[_2_] Kurt[_2_] is offline

Default Pond Expansion

In article ,
~ jan wrote:

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 07:12:15 CST, RG wrote:

Keep the old, but get a new larger one. The old is already cycled...
assuming you're going to some how keep it running during the remodel?
Perhaps on the holding container? ~ jan

Well, that's a question too: I've got a clean 55 gallon HDPE drum I
could put the creatures in during the remodel. How long do you think
they would last in there? It would be awfully tight. And the frog
won't be happy without a view...

That is pretty tight. Right now is the time to get kiddy pools on
clearance. Be sure and net the top so they don't jump out, use as much of
the water from the pond as you can to fill it. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

I used one of those formed plastic whiskey barrel pond liners as my fish
motel. The kiddie pool was too shallow and filled with plants.
Didn't want the bigger fish flipping out in their rambunctiousness since
sides bow out and there is no lip.
I used a small aquarium pump and airstone to keep the water aerated, but
used no filter. Water started to get a teeny bit toxic after about a
week, though, so I was happy to get them back in a pond before too
ammonia.