Old 02-04-2003, 01:56 PM
Annabel

Default "City Gardener" last night and Miscanthus

"jane" wrote in message
On Wed, 2 Apr 2003 11:03:14 +0100, "Jack" wrote:

~Darn, I missed it last night. Do you know if it's on again and what
~channel? Was it any good?
~
well I didn't turn off halfway like I did the Plantsman (the
presentation of which I found ghastly beyond reason).
He's similar, but not as extreme and the plants thankfully stay in
focus. Don't watch the titles if you get headaches though - dizzying!

They discussed costing the makeover, plants that could survive a guy
who seems to have a large stock of agent orange and the work was done
by mates who'd been roped in. Quite fun, really.

Definitely liked him better than the Plantsman. WIll watch again if I
remember it's on.

To answer Bell's original question:

http://www.channel4.com/life/microsi...ogrammes/cgard
ener_ep1_01.html
miscanthus sacchariflorus (Amur Silver Grass)

good luck

jane

Jane, Thanks

Jack, Channel 4