Old 20-08-2007, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes[_2_] Alan Holmes[_2_] is offline

Default squirrel eating plants?!@#$

"John Vanini" wrote in message
Hi Clarissa/Jean,

I am sorry but I just had to say this - I've heard of man-eating sharks
but squirrel-eating plants are new to me (lol)!

Sorry about that but now I've got it off my chest and I feel better!

Being serious, no, I've never heard of them eating plants but they seem to
eat all manner of things - bird's eggs, bread, nuts. One thing I have read
is that they shouldn't be fed peanuts which are not good for them. Peanuts
are in fact really beans and contain a substance that inhibits the
squirrel's ability to absorb goodness from other foods they've eaten. I've
only recently found that out and have been feeding peanuts to a squirrel
that lives in a tree at the bottom of our garden. I'll have to find
something else to feed it.

If peanuts kills the damned things I'll have to start feeding peanuts to
them.

Can you guarantee that it will work?

Anything to get rid of the buggers!