Old 22-08-2007, 08:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Dave Gillingham Dave Gillingham is offline

Default Queensland Orchid Society Show - Dockrillia teretifolia

Went to the QOS show last weekend. The Spring bloomers are just starting to
show. (There's q straight line if ever I saw one!) Many lovely plants there,
but a small selection of the Aussie species & hybrids over the next couple of
nights.

This was a lovely specimen of Dockrillia teretifolia. I was speaking to one of
the judges, who said it just missed out on Champion Specimen.

For the purists who like a good closeup of a bloom, this species typically
presents upside down so that, short of kneeling very awkwardly & then pointing
the camera up, you can't get a good view of the flower :-(
Dave Gillingham

Attached Thumbnails
Queensland Orchid Society Show - Dockrillia teretifolia-dockrillia-teretifolia.jpg