Old 02-04-2003, 04:20 PM
Nina Shishkoff

Default [IBC] Heart tree

Hi,

Thank you for the info. Does anyone on the list have a

religiosa that is a few years old?

Cathy

Catherine Spence Calley zone 6/7

I missed the front of this thread, so I don't know what I'm replying
to. I wouldn't call the leaves of a Bo tree "heart-shaped", because
the tip is very elongated. It's more like a bloody heart with a long
drip coming from it.

I have had one for 8 years. It is not a very satisfactory plant for
my growing conditions, because it needs long hot summers. Just as
soon as it starts to really grow, I have to bring it indoors, where
it drops its leaves and goes dormant. It would probably do better if
I had gro-lights and a warmer room, but the rest of my indoor bonsai
want cool winters, so it's stuck with what I have.
--
Nina Shishkoff

Riverhead, NY

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: