Old 31-03-2003, 06:32 PM
sbudi

Default [IBC] Heart tree

Hi Catherine: The leaf of Ficus microcarpa is the same shape with ficus
retusa's. Only microcarpa's is smaller. They are not of a heart shape.
Budi
Old 31-03-2003, 06:56 PM
Sean Nemecek

The Ficus religiousa has heart shaped leaves. Perhaps that is what you were
referring to.

Sean Nemecek - Cadillac, MI - Zone 4b or 5a

"True ingenuity values love for itself."
- John Howe from "Of Delighting in God"

Old 01-04-2003, 03:56 PM
sbudi

Religiosa grows in India and quite a lot in Thailand as bosai. It is due to
Ficus religiosa is concidered a sacred tree by Budhism and Hinduism.
Majority of Thais are Budhism. It grows in many countries in South east asia
including Indonesia.
Budi
Thanks, that may be what I'm thinking about. Is the religiousa the one that
India has so many of?

Old 02-04-2003, 01:56 PM
Patrick Alexander

CLSC wrote:
Hi,
Thank you for the info. Does anyone on the list have a
religiosa that is a few years old?

Though I don't have one, a local greenhouse has one that's at
least a couple decades old, and is more-or-less bonsai-ish... for bonsai,
the leaves are very large, and it looks to be that wounds don't heal
quickly (i.e., within the five or six years I've seen this plant), though
this is a pretty pot-bound plant that might heal more quickly under better
conditions... I could take and post pictures of it, if you like.

Patrick Alexander

Heart O' Gold Shiva Roses 0 22-09-2003 12:22 AM
Heart O' Gold Shiva Roses 0 11-06-2003 04:20 PM
Bleeding Heart The Olsons Gardening 1 28-05-2003 02:32 AM
Purple Heart Companions mypet Gardening 0 21-04-2003 02:32 PM
? Trumpet vine and Bleeding Heart & starting early - TakeThisOut Gardening 1 23-02-2003 04:39 PM