Old 02-04-2003, 05:08 PM
Andy Rutledge

Default [IBC] Meeting programs

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Lewis"
How would we -- how _could_ we establish a central repository of
people who are available to give programs, demos or workshops,
their rates and fees, their specialties, and the area to which
they are willing to travel?

-------------

Jim,

What you're talking about is something that I considered trying to set up
with TBE some time ago, but never actually got it going. However, it seems
far more logical for a group like the IBC to do it rather than an
individual.

Since the internet is the one medium that brings the greatest number of
clubs and enthusiasts together, it seems a no-brainer that that IBC would
make a good repository for this kind of information/service. The list of
information you cite would be easy to list and would make a wonderful
resource for clubs all over North America to utilize - to the benefit of
all; artists and clubs.

You have only to begin to accumulate the listing information from the
artists and it is done. Why not get it going?

Kind regards,
Andy Rutledge
zone 8, Texas

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++