Old 23-08-2007, 08:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cabonilla via HomeKB.com cabonilla via HomeKB.com is offline

Default Phalenopsis Orchid

Great I will do that. Thank you!!

Bob Hobden wrote:
My orchid did not bloom for 3 years. I learned a trick with Aluminum Foil
and a piece of card board. I noticed my plant would turn towards the

[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]
Please help me because I am a novice to orchids and I really love mine and
don't want to end up killing it.

After 3 years or so it probably does need repotting although with those
Orchids most of the roots are probably outside the pot anyway. You need to
get the correct type of compost, very open and free draining, perhaps a trip
to an orchid nursery might be worth the effort, don't use too big a pot.
Small plantlets growing on the flowering stem often happens with Phals, pot
them up when they have made good root growth and if you can bend the flower
spike over so they root whilst still attached to the mother plant so much
the better.