Old 24-08-2007, 03:47 AM posted to austin.gardening
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Help!! Moderator Needed

In article ,
Steve Wertz wrote:

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 14:17:54 -0000, Victor Martinez wrote:

On Aug 23, 9:03 am, Wooly nobody@nunya wrote:
I've had "mi5" in my killfile for years. I highly recommend you figure
out how to filter...

It seems my newsserver at home filters him automatically.

I don't see them on the AT&T/SBC/Prodigy servers.

It boggles my mind that Google groups woulnd't do the same.
Flooding newsgroups is considered a no-no in usenet.

You should see the hundreds of thousands of Nike/Rebook
Sneaker-spam that's been flooding all the other groups for weeks.
All from Google Groups.

I have most everything from Google killfiled according to
Message-ID. If it came from Google, it's trash. Google really
is the shits for letting that happen.

-sw

Rather than filtering GoogleGroups, I just set filters to kill anything
with "Nike" or "Sneaker(s)" in the subject headers. I've seen nary a one
since.

Oh, and "tiffany".

sigh
--