Old 02-04-2003, 05:56 PM
John Romano

Default [IBC] Meeting programs

In a message dated 4/2/2003 10:27:22 AM Eastern Standard Time, writes:

speakers, etc.? We tried doing something on the gallery, but
there were comparatively few participants. We have an
experimental "Calendar" offering on the gallery now, but
it's
empty.

This is VERY good point. We have tried to create some cross communication here in New England but I have to say it hasn't worked well yet. There are many events that happen here in the Northeast (eg. every spring is the Mid Atlantic Spring Bonsai Festiva
l; and every Fall is Bill Valavanis' Bonsai Symposium). There are always very fine speakers, demonstrators, etc. and it would be nice to at least have the option of getting one of these for the other area clubs. Clubs that belong to Mid Atlantic have an
automatic tie in but there are other clubs that do not and don't hear about these speakers until it is advertised and, by then, most of there schedules are firmed up.
Way back when (60's, 70's) ABS had a listing of national available speakers, contact info, subject specialty, basic fees, etc. This was great! would be nice to see something like this again.
John

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++