Old 02-04-2003, 05:56 PM
kevin bailey

Default [IBC] Meeting programs

There are quite a few of us in areas other than North America who would
appreciate the ability to tap into a resource such as this. In the UK
Fobbs keeps a list of our available speakers and their rates. Those
organising an international event would find the researching greatly
simplified by an international listing of contacts and such details as
have been mentioned.

It would also be in the interests of the Artists concerned to keep their
details up to date so that they get maximum exposure.

Great idea Jim and Andy

Kev Bailey

Jim,

What you're talking about is something that I considered trying to set
up
with TBE some time ago, but never actually got it going. However, it
seems
far more logical for a group like the IBC to do it rather than an
individual.

Since the internet is the one medium that brings the greatest number of
clubs and enthusiasts together, it seems a no-brainer that that IBC
would
make a good repository for this kind of information/service. The list
of
information you cite would be easy to list and would make a wonderful
resource for clubs all over North America to utilize - to the benefit of
all; artists and clubs.

You have only to begin to accumulate the listing information from the
artists and it is done. Why not get it going?

Kind regards,
Andy Rutledge
zone 8, Texas

---