Old 02-04-2003, 06:56 PM
tsmay

Default Climbing Red Rose?

Radika Kesavan wrote in message ...

No, but Oh, MY. Especially that Kew Rambler and that Russeliana - both
knocked my socks off simply by just their pictures. Tell me, since you
are in Long Island, from where are you going to get the Kew Rambler? It
seems to be available easily in England and in Northern Europe, but I do
not see any U. S. sources. Have you found one? Also, Russeliana sounds
and looks simply wonderful - a crimson mauve, at 6 metres' height! Oh, my.

Sounds like truly delicious selections. Good luck and fo tell us how it
all goes.

Hi,
I found that Peter Beales (http://www.classicroses.co.uk/index.php)
carries this rose and started to order from them-in England, but I had
to fill out an import permit from the USDA
(http://aphisweb.aphis.usda.gov/ppq/p...s/nursery.html).
It was getting complicated. Then I found a lovely web site that listed
Kew Rambler for sale, but only in person, in CA.
http://www.geocities.com/killarafarm/
She was VERY nice and directed me to:
http://www.vintagegardens.com/
which sells Kew Rambler, (sadly, not on its own roots) but in the
country atleast. I orderd it right away. I can't wait. I have an old
victorian house with a big front porch with lots of wicker furniture.
I may be taking on a lot, but I just love the idea of having roses
draping over and around the porch. I hope I like the reality of it as
much as the idea of it.
Thanks so much for the help!
Tonya