Old 26-08-2007, 04:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Angraecum eburneum

Well, I went back through my books becasue I thought there was a distinct
rest required... but I was wrong. Just about everyone says these are
intermediate to warm growers, like light but will turn yellow in too much
sun (Hillerman says Cattleya light), like evenly moist basket conditions or
other open medium. Supposedly they'll grow well outdoors in Puerto Rico,
Hawaii and warmer (tropical) areas of Florida. Supposedly they flower in
the winter. Maybe those great new growths will flower this year?

K Barrett

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
.. .
Beautiful, Wendy. What do you do with yours? We have a huge one, but it is
a sporadic bloomer. Actually, it wouldn't bloom at all until I moved it
out to the Vanda area a few years ago. Then it came out with multiple
spikes, just gorgeous. But for the last two years, nothing but big new
growths.

I have read that they don't like to be repotted until they've bloomed.
This one really needed it, so we gave it a new pot/media right after the
big bloom. I wonder if these are so recalcitrant that they just hate
having their roots disturbed.

Diana

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Angraecum eburneum