Old 26-08-2007, 05:46 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Bonnie Bonnie is offline

Default About water celery?

On Aug 21, 3:29 pm, ~ jan wrote:
On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 09:24:00 CST, Hal wrote:
I think that is Oenanthe Javanica Flamingo and it is beautiful. Here
is my favorite shot of that.
http://www.paghat.com/waterparsley.html

That's it, gorgeous.

It survives winter, but does it die back to the water when frost or
freezes occur?

It dies back.... and seems to have a hard time coming back if left
submerged. It is currently growing well in a couple of the blocks that
surround the lily pond. I'm thinking of digging in the pots I currently
have in water instead of leaving them in the pond, see what happens.
~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds:www.jjspond.us

I have seen it advertised as varigated water celery. It isn't hardy
in
my pond here in NJ.
Bonnie
NJ