Old 27-08-2007, 01:40 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Sunday

I spent a nice day in the GH washing algae off the floor (the floor is red
cement bricks) and watering and fertilizing. I'm happy to announce that a
peach colored Rhy gigantea has decided to put out a new leaf and a new root.
No flowers but hey, as Aaron Hicks always used to say, "grow good roots and
flowers can't be far behind." Or at least I think it was Aaron Hicks....
And a red V. Fuchs Delight just *may* be starting a spike.

I'm also bummed that my seedling of (Blc Pokai Queen x ??Treasures of
Bogota) isn't flowering as nice as the parents. (I use ?? 'cause I can't
rememeber if the second one is a Blc or an Lc and I dont' want to look it
up.) I'll put a pic at apbo. I waited 5 years for that to bloom. Not that
I'll kick it out of the gH.