Old 27-08-2007, 07:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Runner beans

On 27 Aug, 17:31, "Alistair Macdonald"
wrote:
Thanks for the advice which is unfortunately what I expected. All options
have been considered, but after over 40 years of tending a large and
productive vegetable plot, I have now partly paved it over and planted a
dozen fruit bushes, and a herb patch all of which are flourishing. The
reason. I am approaching 90 and a spade is anathema. Next move - pave the
bean patch!

I knew you would have known already and it's so so great that you're
nearly 90 and kept that garden going. Why don't you divide that bit of
plot in 3 or 4? You can still grow lots of stuff on a little plot -
how big is it?! With one square foot per crop, you'd have enough to
harvest and enjoy - and then you'd be able to rotate. Please think
about it, sounds so sad you'd give up! Have you considered using pots
too?