Old 27-08-2007, 07:31 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default want / need to install Pond bottom drain and Skimmer.

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 06:21:00 CST, Dude wrote:

Like the subject says I would like to install a bottom drain and a
skimmer. What I'm having a problem with is paying so much for such
simple devices. I think they are quite over priced.
I'm wondering if anyone has used something from Lowes / Home Depot or
what makes a little more since to me is using parts for a pool.
if you can pont me to some DYI website of this stuff I would
appreciate it.

BTW my pond is not very big. It's about 5' wide X 4' long X 30" deep
While I have it all pulled apart to do this I'm going to dig it
deeper.
I have a few Pics of it up on http://picasaweb.google.com/chris.holub

Cheers,
Chris
Phoenix AZ

Hi Chris,

There use to be a great DYI website at
http://www.geocities.com/bickal2000/pond.htm

But he had so many things, he decided to go into business and put them on a
CD and sell it for a small price (well worth it). You might want to
purchase it, the website explains some of the stuff that is on the CD, from
bottom drains, skimmers, my favorite the pipe boot similar to what Hal
explained. We used donut holes of liner over the pipe, clamped and another
donut liner to cover the clamp. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us