Old 27-08-2007, 07:31 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Slug alert..

On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 14:21:12 CST, Marco Schwarz
wrote:

Wow.., didn't exactly know where Washington State is and how
different it's climate exactly is but than I luckily found
this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington

Yes, we're known as the Evergreen State, which means to the Wetside the
East doesn't count, except to tax us so they can build more roads on the
Wetside. ;-)

Course now we're getting pretty green ourselves, they discovered grapes
LOVE our soil and weather, so we got tons of beautiful vineyards. I have
been a desert rat all my life, and I love sage, the smell of sage, etc. But
there is nothing prettier, in my mind, than a vineyard in the middle of all
that sage. The contrast, with our rolling hills. Beautiful.
http://preview.tinyurl.com/2962q9
Now this is gorgeous:
http://www.starlanevineyard.com/pres...ard_Blocks.jpg
Unfortunately that is California... but we have similar around us, not as
rugged. http://www.avalonwine.com/kiona-vineyard-325p.jpg
I was hoping to find the picture similar to the California one only with
the Columbia River in the background. Unfortunately no luck. ~ jan

Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us