Old 27-08-2007, 11:41 PM posted to rec.gardens
FragileWarrior FragileWarrior is offline

Default there has to be an easier way

Tater wrote in news:1188254224.557278.17570
@r29g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

My plums are ripe. taste great and I've already gathered enough to
make a half batch of wine(if i wished)

thing is, they are a pain to pit. local wineshop told me to freeze
them to help macerate(masticate? crush) sould i do this with the pits
in? is there an easy way to pit plums? I'd assume boiling them would
help, but that might draw out icky stuff from the pits

I used to pit plums on the fly to feed my draft horse. I simply grabbed
the plun, stuck my thumbs into it and pushed out the pit. Took two seconds
and my spoiled baby got the juicy bits with no annoying pits.