Old 28-08-2007, 12:48 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default there has to be an easier way

he stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and said "what a good boy
am I"??????

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 22:41:39 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior
wrote:

Tater wrote in news:1188254224.557278.17570
:

My plums are ripe. taste great and I've already gathered enough to
make a half batch of wine(if i wished)

thing is, they are a pain to pit. local wineshop told me to freeze
them to help macerate(masticate? crush) sould i do this with the pits
in? is there an easy way to pit plums? I'd assume boiling them would
help, but that might draw out icky stuff from the pits

I used to pit plums on the fly to feed my draft horse. I simply grabbed
the plun, stuck my thumbs into it and pushed out the pit. Took two seconds
and my spoiled baby got the juicy bits with no annoying pits.