Old 02-04-2003, 08:20 PM
Penny Morgan

Default Trimming Bushes

You don't have to wait for it to stop blooming to trim branches that are in
your path. The only time you should worry about that is if you're trimming
a bush all over and it has set buds that will be blooming in the near
future. You wouldn't want to cut the buds off. After trimming the
branches, you will more than likely encounter new growth again before summer
arrives. Just cut them again to what you like. Azaleas should be cut back
after they have bloomed (example).

Penny
Zone 7b- North Carolina
"Christine Lipfert" wrote in message
m...
Is there a certain rule as to when to trim bushes? The bush I want to
trim is blooming and is blocking entrance to my garage so I'd like to
trim it. Any general rules? Should I wait until the bush stops
blooming?