Old 30-08-2007, 01:28 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Default Where is every one

It has been hot here - over the 100's and heat factor over the 110's.
But every night we get RH% of 97-98% and the temp goes down to 74.

So the early a.m. is nice, by 11a or 12p it is a steam bath and by 12:30 a.m
it drops downward from the 100 or upper 90's to the 70's.

Finally today we got a drizzle and boomers off to the sides of us - a whopping
0.16" and maybe will become .2 by the end of the night. Clearing now. My
weather station sneaks .04" up and to that before it registers. So light stuff
never gets logged )-:

At least we got some the sand was coming out of the clay.

We have two yellows coming out - the Peace was out week before last.

Martin Lufkin Texas.

Martin H. Eastburn
TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
http://lufkinced.com/

Sharon Capps wrote:
"Jeffrey L. Kline" wrote in message
. ..
We're still out here...

So, how have your rose been doing? Things have been a bit ruff here in
Michigan. Very hot, and until a couple of weeks ago, very dry. My roses
seem to be blooming OK, by the green is a bit lack luster.

regards

Jeff

Southeast Michigan, Zone 5

Roses are just finishing blooming and I don't know if I should dead head
them or will that cause more growth. It has been extremely hot and dry here
too. The humidity has been terrible. My weeds have done wonderful this
summer. I am glad that someone is still here. I thought maybe everyone
moved somewhere else.
Sharon in MN