Old 30-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Krustee Krustee is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Would anyone be able to advise on planting a holly bush e.g. which
variety would thrive best in my area. I live in the central belt of
Scotland and I have heavy claylike soil.
I grew a young holly tree in a large tub very successfully giving it minimum attention over a four year period. I decided to plant it into the garden without disturbing the roots too much & was saddened to see its leaves turn yellow & fall.
I live in the Central belt of Scotland also. (Same soil type as janjo).