Old 30-08-2007, 11:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default choice of glyphospate or amonium sulphamate?

this in , I, Marvo, say :

, I, Marvo, say :

which would be the most effective chemical to terminate a rampant
bamboo plant please; glyphospate or ammonium sulphamate.?

Are there any particular properties (secondary to which is the most
affective killing agent) which might be brought into consideration in
choosing between them? Thanks

Neither will do a lot of good. They won't get the rhysomes (sp?) and
it will be back. If that's what you want, then glyphosate will work
(slowly).
SBK and a lot of patience, or hire a microdigger for the weekend, or
get digging. Expect to dig long and wide.

My mate's bamboo took us two weekends to get rid of, and made quite a
nice fence when we'd finished. However, it was recently, and I won't
be surprised if and when it makes its reappearance :-)

R H I Z O M E S

Is what I meant. I think. Biology, never could get the hang of it.