Old 30-08-2007, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default :-((Off we go again :-((

On 30/8/07 18:01, in article ,
"Alan Holmes" wrote:

snip

Why don't you do as I have done, put La Puke in your killfile, I've not seen
anything from her for ages, only when someone responds to one of her posts!

For the reasons given elsewhere, Alan. If she gives bad information nobody
would correct her. The person receiving it then thinks she must be right
because nobody corrects or contradicts her, not realising that it's actually
because she's in a dozen kill files.
Had Judith been a newbie asking how to over winter an oleander in a part of
France that has viciously harsh winter temperatures, she would have taken
Puce's advice to bung it in the ground and 'keep its feet wet' because
that's what they do in Bordeaux (where the climate is totally different)
and that the watering regime was what someone advised for such plants in
pots *in the summer*. Remember - Judith was asking what to do with it in
the winter.
Puce completely missed out the advice on the site which she copied from the
net and that was to keep this plant on the dry side in winter. She would
not believe that Judith's village in France is in high mountainous country
and gets extremely cold, even though Judith explained that to her. So,
Judith's plant, which is a present she very much wants to keep alive, would
then die and Judith would be upset but Puce would be happy, because nobody
had told the theoretically newbie Judith that Puce was wrong.
A few of us were having a calm and rational discussion on the matter until I
contradicted Puce - perfectly politely - and she erupted into one of her
furies and name-calling episodes. *That's* why I don't put her in my kill
file and why she has insulted me, my husband, my marriage, my friends, my
age, my hormones and my appearance.
She was caught out yet again, talking nonsense but she absolutely cannot
withdraw, admit it, apologise or just shut up. Believe me, kill filing Puce
is doing her a favour because she can then get away with so much nonsense
and a couple of disaffected-with-urg people cheer her on.
However, as she has now made the usual vulgar exhibition of herself with no
help from anyone else, I think we can safely say that she can be left to her
own devices until she does her thing again to some other poor soul.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk