Old 31-08-2007, 01:12 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Dude Dude is offline

Default want / need to install Pond bottom drain and Skimmer.

On Aug 29, 4:41 pm, Chip wrote:
Dude wrote:
Like the subject says I would like to install a bottom drain and a
skimmer. What I'm having a problem with is paying so much for such
simple devices. I think they are quite over priced.
BTW my pond is not very big. It's about 5' wide X 4' long X 30" deep
While I have it all pulled apart to do this I'm going to dig it
deeper.
I have a few Pics of it up onhttp://picasaweb.google.com/chris.holub

Cheers,
Chris
Phoenix AZ

I live in Tempe and planning to convert my pool into a pond. Did you
DIY or have a contractor do it? How do your fish handle the heat?

Chip

Hey Chip,
Well when I first moved into the house the Pnd was there, except it
was only the size of a 50 Gal drum laid on its side. I loved it and
decided to take it all apart and keep digging to what you see today in
the pics. I think its now about 300 - 400 Gal. So far what you see is
what I have figured out on my own and with the advise of others.
Im amazed but the water temps get to 90F and the fish survive. If your
going to convert your pool then the temps should be much better.
Good Luck,
Chris