Old 31-08-2007, 04:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
enigma enigma is offline

Default Acer Platanoides Red Leafed Norway Maple

Sheldon wrote in
oups.com:

The tree you describe is properly called "Crimson King"
Norway maple. I planted one two years ago to replace the
one that was much too large and and much too near my house,
so had it removed.

you planted a Norway maple *on purpose*? why on earth would
you replace a weed tree with another weed tree? why not with a
red maple, a sugar maple, a beech or some tree with actual
value?
fortunately my state has wised up and banned the sale &
intentional propagation of Norway maples. more places should
follow suit.
lee