Old 31-08-2007, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gill Matthews Gill Matthews is offline

Default Blasted blackfly

In article ,
says...
Our Dahlia excelsa (present from David Hill) has had a real blackfly attack.
I was walking past it this afternoon and saw twisted and 'sad' leaves and
then, further up this very tall Dahlia, several stems and leaves infested
with the critters. I don't remember it suffering like this before and as
there are loads of sparrows nesting in the eaves above it, I think the
ungrateful little devils better get to work!
Ray has sprayed it with an organic spray, so we will inspect again tomorrow.
Is this a particularly bad year for blackfly in others' gardens?

Actually so far I have seen rather fewer blackfly than usual I have not had any
on my beans or nasturtiumsor dahlias as yet.

Gill M
--

addy gill[at]pcservicesreading[dot]co[dot]uk