Old 31-08-2007, 09:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] galyles@leavethisout.blueyonder.co.uk is offline

Default Hydrangeas in frozen north?

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 15:35:49 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 31/8/07 15:20, in article ,
"Elizabeth" wrote:

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 15:50:01 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 30/8/07 14:10, in article
,
"Steve Wolstenholme" wrote:

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 13:50:13 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

How do they get on over wintering in e.g. Gateshead? Could someone with
personal experience please let me know.

Well, I'm not in Gateshead but I'm just as far North.

I have four Hydrangeas in my garden that must be ten years old. They
flower every year. They were blue and lacy, now they are pink and
solid. pH!

Steve

Many thanks, Steve. I want to send someone H.'Pink Twisty' as a 'thank you'
for some help he's given me with family research and I just wanted to be
sure it would be safe 'up there'. ;-)

Even further north in Scotland they do extremely well!! At least on
the west coast they do :-)
Elizabeth in Renfrewshire, Scotland.
Removex to reply

Ah but you get a bit tropical over that side. ;-)

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

My hydrangeas are doing fine in my garden on the eastern side (Dundee)
thank you very much (;-)). No problems with winter in recent years.

Geoff