Old 01-09-2007, 09:03 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default want / need to install Pond bottom drain and Skimmer.

On Sat, 1 Sep 2007 11:21:21 CST, Chip wrote:

Thanks Jan. I took many interesting ideas from this project the last
time you recommended it. My own conversion is on hold because of the
blasted heat. A full month of over 110F. Nuts. I can't drain the
pool to start construction because the heat could crack the cement w/o
water. So I gather info and keep planning. Maybe by Oct the weather
will abate and I can actually get something done.

Chip

Oh, you're down in that area of the country. I am so feeling for you.

July was our amazingly hot month, usually it is August. It was miserable
and to worry that August might be the same... thankfully it was not. At
least this late into summer, if we do have a hot day, it at least cools
down to comfortable by sunset, and windows open soon after.

Hoping some cool weather comes your way soon. Winters aren't too bad down
there though, correct? ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us