Old 02-09-2007, 03:00 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Best pond netting ideas?

On Sat, 1 Sep 2007 17:05:17 CST, "Gareee©"
wrote:

What's the cheapest, and best way to net them?

I got "pond netting" smaller holes then bird netting, 14X14 for $9.99 at
our local Fred Meyer. I would think the hardware stores you mentioned would
also carry it. We hooked it to the deck, and since the 6' fence wasn't
quite tall enough (water hibiscus is 8') we used these heavy duty green
gardening stakes that must be 9-10 feet long. Son used fishing line to
attach netting sections. Also went to harbor freight and got these great
yellow hooks that are kind of like bed sheet holders, so the netting does
tear when pulled tight, more surface area. ~ jan

Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us