Old 02-09-2007, 03:00 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
chatnoir chatnoir is offline

Default Best pond netting ideas?

On Sep 1, 5:05 pm, "Gareee©" wrote:
What's the cheapest, and best way to net them?
How do you keep the netting high enough up from the water for your plants?
What do ya do about frogs in the pond that want to get to the rocks around
your pond?

I'm guessing that I'd need to build a "tentpole" thing for inside the pond
itself? Then use, maybe tent stakes to stake it down?

AZponds have 12x15' right now for $17 shipped.. if there's a cheaper home
depot/lowe's like solution though, that would make more sense.

I've never netted before (obviously), but I don't want to have to fish as
much crap out of the pond next spring, and we're already getting a lot of
leaves falling. It's far too early in the season for that, but the bad
drought this year might be having some effect. I'd say across my street,
that maybe 20% of the leaves are off some trees already, and in some cases,
specific types of trees have already turned brown, and some rees have
already lost their leaves!

--
Gareee
(Gary Tabar Jr.)

Yea check at the Big Box stoes first! I make the Structure big and
large so that I could be part of the scene - old setup!:

http://wolfbat359.com/catcage122.jpg

http://wolfbat359.com/catcage123.jpg

http://wolfbat359.com/catcage130.jpg

http://wolfbat359.com/catcage142.jpg

http://www.isengrim.com/pond20051.jpg

http://www.isengrim.com/pond20055.jpg

http://www.isengrim.com/pond20052.jpg

Course, I attached it to the old cat cage and my garage! I have to
use metal at the bottom since the cats can and do break out of the
netting! You can use a metal, wood, plastic or bamboo support
system! Just check the places for prices and the salvage places for
items! Search the newsgroups and the web and the blogs for ideas!