Old 02-09-2007, 04:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
M@x From Holl@nd M@x  From Holl@nd is offline

Default hibiscus

John - Pa. schreef in bericht
:I often have problems with bright highly-saturated reds, like this.
: This image is better than I can usually get, but you can still see
: some loss of detail and texture in the lower petal and throat of the
: flower.
:
: I've done some research trying to find the cause and cure for this,
: but so far I haven't had much luck. I thought that one thing might be
: interference from the infrared spectrum, and I added an
: infrared-blocking filter, but that hasn't helped. I saw another
: reference that implied that ISO might be a factor, but I haven't found
: any relationship there in my own experiments. My next hope is that the
: newly-announced 14-bit color channels in the latest Canon and Nikon
: cameras will deal with this, but I don't know.
:
: Any ideas?
: JD

IMO, red is the most difficult color for digital cameras. Keep in mind this
is a compressed jpeg and not the original image. For some reason I can`t
post anything higher than 350 kb ;-(

max