Old 02-09-2007, 11:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default hibiscus

Attached Thumbnails
hibiscus-dsc02467hibiscus2.jpg
Old 02-09-2007, 11:31 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"M@x from HoLL@nd" wrote in news:46da8a3b
:

begin 666 DSC02467hibiscus2.jpg

Attachment decoded: DSC02467hibiscus2.jpg
`
end

LOVELY! Nice composition.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

:
: LOVELY! Nice composition.

Thanks!

max

Old 02-09-2007, 11:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Sun, 2 Sep 2007 12:02:36 +0200, "M@x from HoLL@nd"

Nice, color is just right.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

: Nice, color is just right.

Thanks joevan!

Old 02-09-2007, 01:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

I often have problems with bright highly-saturated reds, like this.
This image is better than I can usually get, but you can still see
some loss of detail and texture in the lower petal and throat of the
flower.

I've done some research trying to find the cause and cure for this,
but so far I haven't had much luck. I thought that one thing might be
interference from the infrared spectrum, and I added an
infrared-blocking filter, but that hasn't helped. I saw another
reference that implied that ISO might be a factor, but I haven't found
any relationship there in my own experiments. My next hope is that the
newly-announced 14-bit color channels in the latest Canon and Nikon
cameras will deal with this, but I don't know.

Any ideas?
JD
Old 02-09-2007, 04:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

John - Pa. schreef in bericht
[...]

IMO, red is the most difficult color for digital cameras. Keep in mind this
is a compressed jpeg and not the original image. For some reason I can`t
post anything higher than 350 kb ;-(

max

[IMG] code is On

Yellow hibiscus 23 Paddy's Pig[_3_] Garden Photos 0 04-04-2009 01:05 AM
Hibiscus-2656 Maroochy Garden Photos 4 01-04-2009 01:11 AM
hibiscus bushes alicia Gardening 1 01-09-2003 04:12 PM
Hibiscus seeds TakeThisOut Gardening 2 20-03-2003 03:44 PM
Hibiscus pruning T.L.Miller Gardening 0 26-01-2003 01:54 PM