Old 02-09-2007, 05:58 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Dean A. Markley Dean A. Markley is offline

Default Had a Box turtle pop in for a visit!

Gareee© wrote:
We looked out at our pond yesterday, and noticed a lot of disturbance on the
water.. and a box turtle probably 12" square had decided to go for a dip.

The spring fed stream running through our property dried up from the bad
drought this year, and we've seen a few of these guys around over the last
few years we've lived here, so I'm not surprised he popped in for a drink,
and swim to cool off.

No sign of him today, so he prolly wandered off.

Box turtles don't get that big. They don't swim either, being wholly
terrestial.