Old 02-09-2007, 08:42 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Had a Box turtle pop in for a visit!

On Sun, 2 Sep 2007 12:27:49 CST, Phyllis and Jim
wrote:

We get the occasional water turtle from the local lakes. I think they
must be able to detect water bodies by smell. No way wandering would
get them to our pond, or to our acre pond in the numbers that actually
do come. Has anyone an idea about how turtles find water to visit?
Jim

Water Turtle: A creature always seeking water that is wetter on the other
side. How to get a turtle? Have neighboring ponds add them. ;-) ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us