Old 02-09-2007, 10:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
CWatters CWatters is offline

Default Zomax - pole trimmer/saw

"JoRoCo" wrote in message
Stihl and Echo are reputed to be top of the range, but I wondered about

the
reliability of the Zomax. However, decided to give it a miss - too risky.

I have now ordered a McCulloch 2500 CXL system with hedge-cutter, chain

saw,
strimmer and brush-cutter. They manufacture a range of garden machinery

and
power tools and claim to have invented the chain saw in 1946 (then a two

man
version). They have a very sound reputation.

The reason I selected McCulloch was because my wife saw an advert by

chance
on the Ideal World TV shopping channel for this kit. Priced at £199.97,

plus
delivery. Got to be one of the best offers around.

Now sold out, but can be seen today -

http://www.idealworld.tv/Default.aspx?ProductID=508628

Regards

Looks like a good deal. I've seen a Ryobi package for about the same price
but it didnt include the brush cutter.

Let us know how you get on with the hedge trimmer. I need one that's robust
to cut hawthorn.