Old 03-04-2003, 12:08 AM
John Savage

Default Monster Strawberrys?

Setzler writes:
that would be my experience. THe huge berries in the stores are utterly
tasteless.

Tasteless, yes, but you must admit they keep well and don't bruise easily!

My theory is that they seem so tasteless because they have a low natural
sugar content. So I slice them thinly, sprinkle with sugar, stir, and let
stand for half an hour. Then when eaten with icecream or yogurt they
contribute a lot more flavour. From this, I conclude the berries do have
the strawberry flavour, but you just can't taste it without the natural
sugars.
--
John Savage (newsgroup email invalid; keep news replies in newsgroup)