Old 03-09-2007, 06:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Fluid Sowing - help please

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
Philip Lund writes:

| The book says you mustn't use wallpaper paste that has a fungicide in
| it. I presume that would kill the plants. Unfortunately you only appear
| to be able to get such paste with fungicide in it these days.

It may also include an algicide, and that could well harm vascular
plant seedlings.

| I did try
| and make a flour paste, but it was a lumpy mess and the seeds, though
| nicely germinated when I put them in it, failed completely to come up.
|
| Please can anyone suggest a substitute product I could buy or an
| idiot-proof recipe for a suitable paste. The technique is too valuable
| to lose.

The following is how to make flour-and-water paste. I don't know
if strong or cake flour would work better, but you must use white,
plain flour.

Weak, cake (i.e.'plain' flour - not bread flour) would work best.

Mary