Old 03-09-2007, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Fluid Sowing - help please

In article ,
Philip Lund writes:

| Whenever it starts to thicken, immediately remove it from the heat,
| and stir in enough more water of a similar (but not hotter)
| temperature to restore it to a thin cream. You are finished when
| it has been at boiling point for a couple of minutes with no change.
|
| Thanks for the advice, though I don't think I quite get the above
| paragraph. Won't this process just go on for ever with me stirring in
| ever more water, it thickening, me taking it off and stirring in more
| water, ad infinitum? I envisage a room full of jam kettles with enough
| nearly ready flour paste to fluid sow an East Anglian prairie.

No. It may feel like it, but it won't. Actually, it doesn't take
all that long, with practice - my recipe is also the one you should
use when making paste for very small children to stick their hair
together and stick their clothes to themselves with, er, I mean
work with papier mache.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.