Old 04-09-2007, 05:12 PM posted to aus.gardens
col col is offline

Default Orange tree fruiting??

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 11:14:20 GMT, "The Lady Gardener"
wrote:

I'm also in WA, and my lime tree is in full blossom, similarly not stressed!
Both the mandarins and cumquats ripened very early this year
too..........could try to blame global warming, but suspect it is just an
odd year for odd citrus

The weather is all over the place here in Perth this year. Yesterday
it was 26 and today it was in the low 20's then at night it gets down
to 4 degrees.

The fig tree we've had for 45 years has always produced figs around
March and April but last year we had figs in Dec to January which is 4
months early. And this year it looks like happening again. Even my fig
tree cuttings of just over 2 years ago are doing the same thing alo9ng
with the neighbours fig tree.

We also have a cumquat which has ripened in the last few weeks.

Meanwhile my second attempt at broccoli seems to be going quite well
now. I had two thirds of them not going anywhere but placed that
organic nitrogen and now all but one is growing quite well now.

Joanne

"Sandra Bodycoat" wrote in message
Yes West Aus, the tree doesn't appear to be in stress, I have checked the
soil (moist) bugs are few so its just been damn difficult.
cheers
"Sandra Bodycoat" wrote in message

Our orange tree is laden with blossoms, now I know in the years 05 & 06 we
were getting fruit off the trees in June - Aug, so what has happened?