Old 04-09-2007, 09:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Blasted blackfly

On 31 Aug, 18:03, Sacha wrote:
Our Dahlia excelsa (present from David Hill) has had a real blackfly attack.
I was walking past it this afternoon and saw twisted and 'sad' leaves and
then, further up this very tall Dahlia, several stems and leaves infested
with the critters. I don't remember it suffering like this before and as
there are loads of sparrows nesting in the eaves above it, I think the
ungrateful little devils better get to work!
Ray has sprayed it with an organic spray, so we will inspect again tomorrow.
Is this a particularly bad year for blackfly in others' gardens?

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon

It is just showing colour in the bud at present Sacha, as are several
others including some of this years seedlings,
Will take pics and post them.
David Hill
Abacus nurseries