Old 05-09-2007, 01:05 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default Pond edging ideas - Aestetics check

On Mon, 3 Sep 2007 20:40:42 CST, "Bill Stock"
wrote:

So I was considering using some 4" timbers held in place with rebar. I would
then wrap the liner over the timber and nail a strip on top of the timber to
hold the liner. But I thought this might put too much pressure on the liner.
I could still cover the timber with my capstones if my construction
supervisor objected. The timbers are PT BTW, but they would be outside of
the liner and I would use some fish safe wood for my nailing strip. I also
thought I might attach my lights to the top of the wood.

I had a pond built of PT lawn timbers and EPDM liner that lasted 8 or
10 years. It was well constructed, but settled. I jacked it up and
re-leveled it a couple times, but it continued to leak in the corners
and in lesser amounts that I couldn't see until I took the timbers out
and replaced them with retaining wall stones. I prefer stone and
concrete in future construction. Removing The lag screwed wood frame
pond wasn't as easy as building it.
--
Hal Middle Georgia, Zone 8
http://tinyurl.com/2fxzcb