Old 05-09-2007, 01:05 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default Pond project update (or lack of)

On Mon, 3 Sep 2007 16:18:31 CST, "Reel McKoi"
wrote:

The water in the ponds and outdoor tanks never went over 88F. There were no
deaths.

I don't recall just what my highest water temperature was, but it was
close to 90 here too. I kept air going and changed two water flow
inlets for more water friction. I also thinned the herd in June just
before the heat really set in. I lost two small koi about 4 inches
long that jumped out of a 160 gallon pond. Pretty sure it wasn't heat
related.
--
Hal Middle Georgia, Zone 8
http://tinyurl.com/2fxzcb