Old 05-09-2007, 08:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] dawn0304@gmail.com is offline

Default Clementine? satsuma?

Hi
Can anyone help us to come to the right conclusion? We call large
Clementines in South Africa a "Naartjie" pronounced Narchee.They are
more like an Orange in size but with a looser peel. are they the same
as he ones we used to get in the UK around Xmas time called
Clementines. They were much smaller and not as sweet. I'm told they
are also called Satsuma's. I always thought that Satsumas were a
variety of Plum. I have also bought Plums called Satsuma Plums and
they looked like a Plum not a Clementine or a Naartjie. I'm very
confused as to what is the correct name, or if all these names are in
fact correct. Are they all the same fruit? with just different names
from different places.