Old 05-09-2007, 07:14 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default Pond edging ideas - Aestetics check

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 08:27:31 CST, wrote:

we used permalon with this pond. Ingrid

I see your pictures are dated 2000. I installed a Permalon pond about
1997 or 98, but I ordered some more this year and I didn't get the
same material as what I have in my pond. The difference was
unbelievable. The material they sent me this year, made by the same
company and with the same general description was much stiffer and far
more difficult to manage. I compared it to a scrap I had left over to
make sure and then I paid the freight to send it back and ordered
EPDM. If yours is the later version, I can see why you filled the
pond before making a cut. Mine had been buried for a year when I
decided to put in a bottom drain and filter barrels. It was a routine
job, the liner had taken on a bit of stiffness, but still was pliable
enough it worked well to cut and place the drain, then fill and adjust
the liner around the drain.
--
Hal Middle Georgia, Zone 8
http://tinyurl.com/2fxzcb